Mobile

Mobile network launches 4G in Welham Green

Mobile network launches 4G in Welham Green. The mobile phone network O2 now provides residents in Welham Green with its 4G service. The successful implementation of the 4G network will allow its customers to experience a new level of high-speed mobile internet. Derek McManus, chief operating officer, Telefónica UK said: “I’m delighted that O2 customers in Welham Green will soon ... Read More »

Why NQ Mobile Inc. Stock Popped Today

What happened Shares of NQ Mobile (NYSE:NQ) were up 10.7% as of 12:30 p.m. EDT after the Chinese internet services specialist announced it will divest its FL Mobile and Showself’s Live Social Video businesses. So what More specifically, NQ Mobile has entered into definitive agreements with Tongfang Investment Fund Series SPC, an affiliate of Tsinghua Tongfang, to sell its remaining ... Read More »

Pledge welcomed on better mobile phone signal for Shropshire

Phone company EE has pledged to bring 4G to 92 per cent of the UK this year following a meeting with North Shropshire MP Owen Paterson. The news has been welcomed by Market Drayton’s mayor Councillor David Minnery, who said action was needed to resolve the “dire” signal between the town and Shrewsbury. Mr Paterson, who is campaigning for better ... Read More »

Intex Aqua Strong 5.1+ With 4G VoLTE Support Launched at Rs. 5,490

HIGHLIGHTS Intex Aqua Strong 5.1+ is priced at Rs. 5,490 The smartphone supports VoLTE It packs a 2000mAh battery After the Intex Aqua Lions 4G smartphone launch, the Indian smartphone company has now launched the Intex Aqua Strong 5.1+ device in India. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 5,490, and will be made available in Gold and Black colour option ... Read More »

The LG G6 will have an upgraded Quad DAC

MWC 2017 is right around the corner, which means LG G6 launch is fast approaching. Rumors have already given us plenty of pieces of the puzzle – we have an abundance of shots, leaked renders and live images to explore in detail. Then, there are also specifics, regarding the G6 display.   With most of the major points out of ... Read More »

Samsung strikes a $4.3B supply deal with Apple for OLED panels

Samsung Display, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics, finalized a deal with Apple to supply the Cupertino-based company with 60 million OLED panels for the next-generation iPhone. This is the second deal between the sides – previously they signed an arrangement that will see Samsung Display supply 100 million OLEDpanels for the upcoming iPhone.   According to the source and Apple’s ... Read More »

Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 edge and Galaxy A3 (2016) get February security patch

Samsung has pushed out the February security patch to several of its handsets in the past few days. As it turns out, there are a few more Samsung phones that are getting the update. These include the Galaxy S6/S6 edge and the Galaxy A3 (2013). For the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, the update is arriving as version G920FXXU5DQAJ and ... Read More »

Xiaomi’s in-house chipset Pinecone gets its own Weibo page

A couple of years ago Xiaomi unveiled the Redmi 2A – a phone powered by a Leadcore chipset. You’d be forgiven if you haven’t heard the name before, but both companies partnered to create Beijing Songguo (of which Xiaomi controls 51%, Leadcore the other 49%). That collaboration may may finally be bearing fruit – a Pinecone. That’s the name of ... Read More »

Korean government also blames batteries for Note7 failure

Samsung may have ended its thorough investigation into the Galaxy Note7 explosions, but the government’s case was yet to confirm the manufacturer’s findings. And today it just did that. Samsung announced the batteries were the only thing to blame for all Galaxy Note7 incidents. The company has detailed its completely overhauled testing procedure for all the batteries to come. The ... Read More »

HTC 10 Nougat available in Europe once more

HTC faced its fair share of issues with the Nougat update rollout for the HTC 10. The new ROM was launched in November but in January it was suddenly halted by HTC in Europe. 10 days later it resumed, but this time the fix lived for two days before the Taiwanese company paused the rollout for a second time.   ... Read More »