49% students fail in Bihar Board Class 10 exam 2017
The result of Class 10 board exam has been finally declared today, on June 22, by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) and shockingly, 49 per cent students have failed the exam.
The result of class 10 board exam has been finally declared today, on June 22, by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) and shockingly, 49 per cent students have failed the exam, with only 14 per cent passing with first division. This year, approximately 17 lakh students from Bihar appeared for matriculate (class 10) board examination at various test centres.
Last year, the class 10 result was declared on Sunday, May 29. Those candidates who had appeared for the same are required check their respective scores at the official website biharboard.ac.in
- Last year, Of the 15.47 lakh students, who appeared for the class 10 board examinations, less than half of the students were able to clear the state board exam successfully
- 50.33 per cent students this year have passed the exam, whereas last year the board recorded a sharp dip in pass percentage of 28 per cent.
(Read: Officially Declared! Bihar Board Class 10 exam 2017 result released at biharboard.ac.in; 51 per cent pass the exam)
Top three rank holders
- Prem Kumar Lakhisarai: 465/500
- Bhawya Kumari, Jamui: 464/500
- Harshita Kumari Jamui: 452/500
- 14 per cent have passed with first division
- 27 per cent have passed with second division
- 9.33 per cent have passed with third division
BSEB is a board of education running under the government of Bihar. It conducts secondary and senior secondary school examinations twice a year. Every year, the board conducts the annual board examinations in the months of February-March and other supplementary examination held in August-September.[Source”pcworld”]