Our take on the “veggie burger” is packed with flavor — and cheese!
Yields: 6 servings
3/4 c. panko
1/4 c. Grated Parmesan
2 tbsp. olive oil
12 medium ( 2 1/2-inch) shiitake mushroom caps
3 oz. Muenster cheese, grated
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. Hot sauce
Pinch smoked paprika
8 cornichon pickles, thinly sliced
12 slider buns, split
Lettuce, sliced tomato, and sliced onion for serving
Total Time: 0:25
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line large baking sheet with nonstick foil. In pie plate, combine panko, Parmesan and 1 tablespoon olive oil. In medium bowl, whisk together egg and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Working with 1 mushroom at a time, dip rounded side into egg, then coat in panko. Transfer mushrooms to prepared baking sheet, panko side down.
- Divide Muenster among mushrooms. Sprinkle any remaining panko mixture over Muenster. Roast until mushrooms are tender, 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, hot sauce, smoked paprika and pinch each salt and pepper; stir in sliced cornichons.
- Spread buns with sauce and top with mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and onion.
Nutritional information (per serving): About 390 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated), 11 g protein, 515 mg sodium, 41 g carb, 1 g fiber.